INNOVATION AWARD - HOW TO PARTICIPATE
The Institute of Food Technologists and
Food Tech Summit & Expo Mexico Innovation Award 2019
• Open only to companies exhibiting at the Food Tech Summit & Expo Mexico 2019 in Mexico City.
• The innovation must have been commercially introduced before January 1, 2019.
• New applications of existing products/services that were commercially introduced before January 1, 2019 are also eligible.
• Entries can be made from April 16 to August 1.
• All entry materials can be in English or Spanish.
There is no entry fee, and companies may submit up to three entries. Qualifying entries will be reviewed by an independent, expert panel of judges, selected by IFT.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR ENTRY
• All entries must be submitted online.
• Entries can represent any of the following categories:
– Product innovation
• The process to register and submit will take under 10 minutes.
• Please have your supporting documents ready before you begin.
• Once you have submitted, you will receive an email confirmation.
• Once your entry has been submitted, you cannot re-submit the form.
• You may attach up to 3 supporting documentation, such as brochures, specification or application sheets or video links.
• If you experience technical difficulties or have questions, please email JLiuGoluszka@ift.org
HOW THE WINNERS ARE SELECTED
Following the entry deadline of August 1, 2019, a jury of seven jurors with expertise in food science and technology will begin to review all entries and complete a rating program that will rate entries on innovation, advancement, and benefits. The jurors will be selected by IFT and the names of the jury will remain confidential until after the awards are announced.
Jurors cannot participate if their companies are included in the competition. Jurors are also asked to reveal any conflict of interest with any entry and will be asked to step down if that conflict of interest is determined to be significant or have an impact on judging.
One award winner will be selected from the entries received, with two other entries given ‘honorable mentions’, no matter the category. All entries will remain confidential except for winning and honorable mention entries. There will be no promotion or mention of non-winning entries.
HOW TO ENTER
Prepare your submission containing the eight (8) elements outlined below.
Companies will submit entries online at https://webportalapp.com/sp/login/ift_innovationawards.
Submissions will be accepted from April 16 to August 1, 2019.
1. Your full name:
2. Name of entry / innovation:
3. Company Name:
7. Date commercially introduced:
8. Description of entry / innovation (200 words maximum for each response).
• Please ensure that the entry addresses the following questions:
Why is innovative?
How does it solve a problem?
How does it represent a major technical or scientific advance?
What are the benefits to food manufacturers?
What are the consumer benefits?
ANNOUNCING THE WINNER
Winning entries will be announced, confidentially, two weeks in advance of the Food Tech Summit and Expo Mexico 2019 to allow winning entries time to prepare their own marketing materials. This allows winning companies to promote their achievements at their booths, increasing booth traffic and attracting prospective customers.
The official public announcement of the winning entries will take place at the Magistral Conference, September 25, 2019 at 7:00PM in the Summit Auditorium, for 1,200 attendees.
The winner of the 2019 IFT-Food Tech Summit & Expo Mexico Innovation Award will receive 2 passes to the IFT Annual Event (IFT20 in Chicago). }
The winner and 2 honorable mentions will be recognized during the Awards Celebration at IFT20.
In addition, Food Tech Summit & Expo Mexico and IFT will further spread the word by publicizing these outstanding innovations in Food Tech Summit & Expo Mexico 2019 media on the Expo Floor with identifying stickers placed in front of the winner and honorable mentions’ booths, in IFT news, Food Technology Magazine, on-site press materials, ift.org website, social media and in on-line and print publications of Énfasis Alimentación magazine.