INNOVATION AWARD - HOW TO PARTICIPATE
The Institute of Food Technologists and Food Tech Summit Expo Innovation Award 2017
- Open only to companies exhibiting at the Food Tech Summit & Expo 2017 in Mexico City.
- The innovation must have been commercially introduced since January 1, 2016.
- New applications of existing products/services that were commercially introduced since January 1, 2016 also are eligible.
- Entries can be made beginning April 3, 2017.
- All entries and supporting documentation must be submitted by Thursday July 27, 2017.
- All entry materials must be in English or Spanish.
There is no entry fee, and companies may submit up to three entries. Qualifying entries will be reviewed by an independent, expert panel of judges, selected by IFT.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR ENTRY
- All entries must be submitted online.
- All entry descriptions must be 500 words or less.
- Entries can represent any of the following categories:
- Product innovation
- Description of Entry should address: Why is it innovative? Does it solve a problem? Does it represent a major technical and/or scientific advance? What are the benefits to food manufacturers? What are the consumer benefits?
- The process to register and submit will take under 10 minutes.
- Please have your supporting documents ready before you begin.
- Once you have submitted, you will receive an email confirmation.
- Once your entry has been submitted, you cannot re-submit the form.
- You may attach up to 3 supporting documentation, such as brochures, specification or application sheets or video links.
- If you experience technical difficulties or have questions, please email email@example.com
How the Winners are Selected
Following the entry deadline of July 27, 2017, a jury of seven (7) jurors with expertise in food science and technology will begin to review all entries and complete a rating program that will rate entries on innovation, advancement, and benefits. The jurors will be selected by IFT and the names of the jury will remain confidential until after the awards are announced.
Jurors cannot participate if their companies are included in the competition. Jurors are also asked to reveal any conflict of interest with any entry and will be asked to step down if that conflict of interest is determined to be significant or have an impact on judging.
One award winner will be selected from the entries received, with two other entries given ‘honorable mentions.’ All entries will remain confidential except for winning and honorable mention entries. There will be no promotion or mention of non-winning entries.
How to Enter
Prepare your submission in a MS Word or PDF document containing the nine (9) elements outlined below. Attach the submission document and up to three (3) supporting documents (see above) to an email and send all documents to: IFT_and.firstname.lastname@example.org between April 3 – July 27, 2017.
1. Your full name:
2. Name of entry:
3. Company Name:
7. Date commercially introduced:
8. Description of entry (500 word maximum).
Please ensure that the entry addresses the following questions:
- Why is innovative?
- Does it solve a problem?
- Does it represent a major technical or scientific advance?
- What are the benefits to food manufacturers?
- What are the consumer benefits?
Announcing the Winner
Winning entries will be announced, confidentially,two weeks in advance of the Food Tech Summit and Expo 2017 to allow winning entries time to prepare their own marketing materials. This allows winning companies to promote their achievements at their booths, increasing booth traffic and attracting prospective customers.
The official public announcement of the winning entries will take place at the Magistral Conference, September 27, 2017 at 7:00PM in the Summit Auditorium Frida Kahlo, for 1,200 attendees.
In addition, Food Tech Summit & Expo and IFT will further spread the word by publicizing these outstanding innovations in Food Tech Summit 2017 events, on the Expo Floor, in IFT news, Food Technology Magazine, on-site press materials, ift.org website, social media and in on-line and print publications of Enfasis Alimentacion magazine and newsletter.